Sadly, many, previously – successful, organizations, are currently, witnessing, a dearth of genuine leadership, and, subsequent, loss of membership, relevance, and achievements! After, over four decades, of involvement, in nearly, all areas, related to quality, effective, leading, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing, and consulting to thousands of actual, and/ or, potential leaders, I have come to strongly, believe, a necessity, of being a meaningful, inspiring, motivating leader, is the willingness, and/ or, ability, to bring about a true, meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good! In order to do so, there are, at least, 6 necessities. With, that, in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these, and try to explain, why they matter.
1. Show/ demonstrate genuine empathy/ listen, and learn: It’s extremely challenging, to inspire and motivate others, as is necessary, unless/ until, a leader, clearly, demonstrates, he possesses a significant degree of genuine empathy! Many claim to be empathetic, but, few demonstrate, it, to the satisfaction, of those, they serve and represent!
2. Address concerns/ answer questions: Too many individuals, who, either, are elected, selected, and/ or, ascend, to some position of leadership, seem uncomfortable, and/ or, unwilling, to welcome questions, etc! Great leaders, however, use the 5 – steps, to address concerns, and answer questions, not, to the leader’s satisfaction, but to the satisfaction, of the concerned – constituent (or, potential one)!
3. What do constituents want?: If, you don’t know, and appreciate, constituents concerns, needs, priorities, and perceptions, how can you address them? It is important to, proactively, seek, and discover, what they want, so you can plan, accordingly, and effectively!
4. Options/ alternatives/ open – minded: You’ll never be a unifying leader, if your mindset, is, My way or the highway! Bringing about, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good, requires, knowing what the common good, is, and proceeding, with an open – mind, to identify, and consider, a variety of viable options and alternatives!
5. Create a relevant, fully – considered, strategic plan: Strategic planning, is needed, to proceed, with a well – considered, strategy, focused on achieving the common good! This must be, relevant, and sustainable, emphasizing, bringing people together, with a willingness to consider other view – points, etc.
6. Action planning: The key to a meaningful strategy, is to perceive and conceive of, create, and implement, the best possible, action plan! Either, one, dedicates himself, to meaningful planning, or, how can, anyone, make a difference, for the better, for those, he should, serve and represent!
Smart leaders proactively, use these 6 necessities, for a meaningful, meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good! Are you up to these tasks?
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe